Sunday, October 23, 2016

If you are using Windows 10 desktop consider using File History

File History saves copies of your files and in case anything is lost or damaged, you can get them back. File History keeps copies of files from Libraries, Desktop, Contacts and Favorites.

How do you save files?

You will find File History in Control Panel's System and Security node as shown.


When you click on File History the following window opens.

 Filehistory2.png

You need to have an external storage media. In the above, I have 2 TB (Western Digital) hard drive connected to the USB drive.

If the drive has been removed for some time, I can always run and get the latest on to my external hard disc. I could also turn off. In the case of lost items I could go back to Control Panel and restore.

No comments:

Post a Comment