Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Hearing problems.....

March 3rd 2017 is the World hearing Day.

It appears that folks in Delhi has most problem with hearing and the residents of Vienna, Austria has the least. Very understandable, if you have been in these cities. Just listen to the political commentaries and debates on Indian TV. More then three people seem to talk at the same time and the TV listener (a Viennese resident or anyone else) will be bewildered.

When I returned from Japan after a 3 year stay, my Mom asked me whether there is anything wrong with me as I did not speak loud enough. From the time I returned to the present, noise level has gone up significantly. My friend, who is Japanese attributes the hearing problems in India to relatively large families sizes where each would try to make a point which requires a higher decibel delivery.

This is not say that all Indians are like this, but believe me quite a majority are.

No comments:

Post a Comment