Monday, August 15, 2016

Best Wishes - 70th Anniversary of Independence

My very best wishes to my readers from India and Korea on this important day.

My best wishes to my family members in India on this special occasion. I was too young at that time but I did participate in the events that lead to the return of GOA from Portugal.

We should never forget the sacrifices made by the founding fathers who fought on non-violent, moral grounds to wrest the country from Britain.

We have done well, although it was a long haul and democratically too. Democratic institutions may look fragile but they are stronger than strongest of the materials. I sincerely hope we remain secular and keep looking outwards to the rest of the world. Let us not forget that all life matters just not humans.


Jai Hind

Here is a video about the Indian celebrations:


Here is a video about Korean Independence:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment