Friday, October 30, 2015

Do you know what a cargo cult is?

It is very strange but I did hear about it the first time I was in Australia, but it was related to PNG, Papua New Guenia. Read here:
http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-New-Guinea-Cargo-Plane-Cult-59817.html

I have seen a movie in Japan when a group of people think atom bomb is God. However I do not remember the name or the producer.
I recently received an email regarding cargo cult film premiere notice:
Experience the Last Cargo Cult in
 WAITING FOR JOHN
 World Premiere at the 2015 Hawaii International Film Festival

Cargo cult is best described from the waitingforjohndoc.com site as shown in the next image:


Cargocult.png
Here is the trailer of the above film:



Honolulu show timings:
Hawaii International Film Festival Screening Details
Tuesday, November 17, 2015 – 8:00 PM – Regal Dole Cannery Stadium 18
Thursday, November 19, 2015 – 3:45 PM – Regal Dole Cannery Stadium 18

No comments:

Post a Comment