Friday, April 17, 2015

Windows 8.1 on the computer stopped scrolling while using IE 11.0


This could happen and I do not know the reason. This is what happened and this is what I did.

The vertical and horizontal scrolling did not work. Moreover, pop-up message boxes could not be closed. IE practically froze except that you could open new windows without a problem. Only way was to call up the Task Manager.

It did not matter whether I used the mouse wheel on my Microsoft Mouse or did it manually with the mouse. Being an 8.1 OS, the touch sensitivity did not present any problem and I could scroll the screen that way.

Closing all brewers and reopening did not help. Stopping and starting the computer did not work. Internet Tools was of no help.

Finally applied some of the Windows Updates and that fixed the problem.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment